0 Project of the Week 4- Charcoal Hand Sketches

Hi, guys!

It's the fourth project of the week already. These aren't really little projects any more, they're starting to become works of art, or ideas instead. Today I'm going to share two hand sketches I did with charcoal pencils on manilla paper. Basically, I did some shopping at Curry's yesterday, and I got a pack of four charcoal pencils- in white, light, medium, and dark. They were very bright, vibrant, and easy to smudge. You can find it here: https://www.currys.com/product.htm?Product=D39000&Source=Category&Category=DERWENT_CHARCOAL_PENCILS.

IMG_1160[1]

With that, I also decided to purchase a pad of manilla paper, which was pretty cheap! You can find that here: https://www.currys.com/product.htm?Product=MAN1824PA&Source=Category&Category=NEWSPRINT_AND_DRAWING_PADS.

For some reason, I like to sketch hands. It's like some sort of internal desire. So I made some poses with my left hand, and started sketching. As a general thing, all my poses are weak and hesitant. Like a bended finger pointing to the right. Or a curved, skeptical hand in the stop position. I suppose that's my style.

I used the light to sketch an outline of the pencil. Then, when I fixed everything up, I used medium to retrace the lines. I scribbled with the light for the shadows, and with the white for the highlights. I also added some medium to the darker areas. I then re-lined the whole thing in a bold dark. Here they are.

IMG_1162     IMG_1163[1]

(¯`•.•´¯) (¯`•.•´¯)
*`•.¸(¯`•.•´¯)¸.•´
¤ º° ¤`•.¸.•´ ¤ °º ¤

Think this is pretty awesome ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. It makes us really happy, and we'll be sure to reply back or leave a comment on your own site. Have a great day!