0 Project of the Week 3- Social Media Icons

Hello!

It's the third project of the week! I've been blogging for almost a month. WOW. Anyway, let's get started.

Everyone loves social media icons, right? But some of them are just too... plain. Like the ones I had on my sidebar before this... I wanted some that matched my theme. So I decided to draw some. For this, I used an iPad app called Doodle Paper (you can go read my post about iPad art here: https://colourfuldecorations.wordpress.com/2014/02/21/ipad-art/).

I basically drew a set of nine social media icons, following these simple steps.

1. Draw a watercolour blob. Yes, it's very simple. Just select the watercolour function and the colour you want, and scribble out a blob.

IMG_1148

2. Draw a smaller, darker, watercolour blob to inside. This will mimic the gradient effect.

IMG_1149

3. Then, select the pen function, and draw a sketchy, inverted picture of your desired social media icon.

IMG_1150

4. Crop it. Put it into the size you want, and then post it in some online photo dumping grounds. I believe Photobucket is the best, and you can get an account for free here. http://photobucket.com/.

Don't worry, you don't have to make a social media icon this way. The possibilities are endless, especially with a very flexible app like Doodle Paper. You could even draw it on paper. However, if you want to grab my social media icons, you can find the images here:









Happy drawing!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. It makes us really happy, and we'll be sure to reply back or leave a comment on your own site. Have a great day!