0 Project of the Week 1- Patterned Bookmark

Hey, people!

I've decided to start a periodic post called the "Project of the Week." I'll be posting a new project idea on a weekly basis. Here's a bookmark I actually made a while ago.



¸
The inspiration of my bookmark actually came from my backpack. I loved how random the plaid patterns were, and how the whole theme was based on rectangles. If you don't know, my favourite shapes are rectangles. They add an urban feel to everything. I especially liked to look at the polka dots, and the various designs inside the rectangles. I decided that I wanted to recreate something like my backpack, except, with more colour.

Hence the design of my bookmark. Since I didn't feel like doing a whole page, I just cropped a section. I did what I could with the rectangles. Although it turned out very different from the original backpack design, it looked pretty cool to me. I used thick and thin sharpie, sparkly yellow gel pen, purple gel pen, and pink gel pen. Long after I completed this bookmarks, I suddenly decided to add the silver and gold swirls of dots.

I glued my bookmark to a piece of green bristol board, to give it a hard back. As an afterthought, I hole punched the middle to attach a string of beads. And tada! There's my bookmark.

You don't have to use this design, but whatever patterns you see, on a backpack, binder, maybe even the wallpaper, can be some really nice inspiration for a project. When you're not sure how to express that pattern, you can always do a bookmark!

With love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. It makes us really happy, and we'll be sure to reply back or leave a comment on your own site. Have a great day!