0 Project of the Week 2- Plaid Watercolour Painting

Hello, all!

This is my second project of the week, and I really do like it! It's a cool plaid watercolour painting, with black pen over it. It took around three hours. Here it is!

I started out by lining up all of the plaid pattern (which I made symmetrical). I got this idea that I could do it in split colours, a blue theme, and a red theme. I actually ended up copying a large portion of my pattern from my plaid shirt. I layered thick and thin lines, and came up with this.

Then, I started painting. I tried to use a ruler to make my lines straight, but the paint bled through, which looked cool. I started out with the blue side, and used cerulean and prussian blues, with some purple and green. For each blue colour, I assigned a red colour. This painting was made messy on purpose to contrast with the neatness of the black pen.



When I waited for the paint to dry, I ended up getting impatient and just dabbed the water away with a tissue. I outlined all the pencil, and tried to erase what was left of it. And then, almost as an afterthought, I dipped the end of my paint brush into some dense watercolour paint, and scribbled with it. The effect was hard and chalky, which I found contrasted nicely with the watery neatness.





That's how I made my painting. You can recreate this if you want, maybe with a thicker pen, or different colours. If you make one that turns out nice, you can send them to me at colourfuldecorationsemail@gmail.com.

Thanks for reading this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. It makes us really happy, and we'll be sure to reply back or leave a comment on your own site. Have a great day!