0 Last Minute Card Making

Hello again!

Who here is guilty of leaving things to the last minute? I sure am. Yesterday was my mom's birthday, and unfortunately, I was being a bad kid and I forgot. I only thought of it about an hour before she came home. However, I found this pack of blank cards you could draw on. You can buy them, too, at Curry's, or any other retailing art store! However, Curry's seems to be the most convienient. Just go here: https://www.currys.com/catalogpc.htm?Category=STRATHMORE_CREATIVE_CARDS&Source=Search. You can also find my previous post about their charcoal pencils and manilla paper here: Project of the Week 4- Charcoal Hand Sketches

As you can see (if you clicked the link), these cards come in many different sizes and quantities. They are also on a  very good sale. The pack I purchased had twenty, standard sized cards. They even came with envelopes, which makes it a perfect gift to display your artwork in. Here is what it looks like.

IMG_1164



IMG_1165

They're pretty neat. Now, here is the card I sent to my mother. I had to do this in about an hour, so naturally, the painting wasn't too detailed...

IMG_1167



The only complaints I have about this card is that it became very bumpy, after I painted it with watercolour (which is very reasonable), and that the paint seeped through a little. However, that was fixed after I pressed it under a large book. The charcoal outlining I did on it became a tiny bit smudgy, but there was nothing I could really do about that.

All in all, I think this is a great product! Nice job by Strathmore Artist Papers. So, take a look if you want. These cards are great for showcasing your art, and sending some nice wishes to anyone you know. Thanks for reading,

-Constance <3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for commenting. It makes us really happy, and we'll be sure to reply back or leave a comment on your own site. Have a great day!